NDSU Renaissance Hall | Fargo, ND
Renaissance Hall was a complete renovation of a historic downtown 4-story building originally constructed in 1903. The completed facility currently houses the North Dakota State University’s visual arts department and portions of the architecture and landscape architecture department.
Typical spaces include classrooms, art/architecture studios, wood shop, art gallery, conference rooms, computer labs, offices and support spaces. A fifth floor was also added to accommodate a mechanical penthouse for the building’s new HVAC system and for additional studio space.
The electrical system design included energy-efficient lighting, flexible power distribution system for easy reconfiguration, fire alarm and other life safety systems, security system, structured data and communications cabling system and a full building back-up generator.
In addition to meeting various historical design requirements, the facility was also the first in North Dakota to receive LEED Certification.